Friday, August 21, 2009

Invasion: Boston -- Invader, Me

I'm going. Taking the late bus Friday night, arriving Saturday morning. It's unlikely I'll actually get into Fenway Park, but it's worth the effort. And the risk. I've gotten into and out of that place before, and lived to tell the tale.

Every time I see a Yankee Hater, I think of a scene from M*A*S*H. Major Houlihan is changing the bandage of a wounded soldier, who's sick of the Army, and he tells her, "I hate your guts!" And without missing a beat, Hot Lips says, "My guts are not here for you to love."

I'm tempted to say, "My prediction... Pain." But those great words came from Mr. T before his rematch with Stallone in Rocky III, and Rocky demolished him.

So here's my prediction: The Red Sox will not make the Playoffs, and this series will have something to do with it. The ghosts will be exorcised this season, and, as Hank Steinbrenner said, "We will restore the universe to order."

And a Yankees Universe tops a Red Sox Nation any day.

1918* Forver. Beat The Scum!

UPDATE: The Sox did make the Playoffs, but were swept in the Divisional Series by the Los Angeles Angels, whom the Yankees then beat to win the Pennant, before beating the Philadelphia Phillies in the World Series.

1 comment:

Lisa Swan said...

We want a full report on the Squawkers site. Good luck!