10. Switch to hockey.
9. Switch to basketball. Although the NBA season’s tipoff is still 12 days away.
8. Switch to football. Okay, with the Giants being 0-6 and the Jets being in their usual state of turmoil, this might not be a good idea.
7. Get your Christmas shopping done early.
6. Enjoy the changing leaves.
5. Write yourself a note to turn your clocks back from Daylight Savings Time. Write the note now, so you’ll remember to do it on the night in question, November 2 into 3.
4. Make sure you got your summer clothes put away, and your winter clothes ready to go.
3. Order your 2014 season tickets.
2. Get ready for Halloween. Personally, the way the Yankees’ season went was scary enough, thank you very much.
1. Follow political developments and vote. New Jersey is electing a Senator today, and a Governor on November 5. New York City is electing a Mayor on November 5.
Wild calls up goalie Alex Stalock to start on Thursday
32 minutes ago