Friday, June 18, 2010
Top 5 Things I Want to See In This Yanks-Mets Series
5. The Yankees sweep. I will settle for 2 out of 3. If the top 4 happen, Number 5 will probably happen as well.
4. The Yankees pound The Great Johan Santana, like they did last season on a Sunday afternoon, 15-0. I was in Ocean City, New Jersey that day, 144 miles away, but damn, that Walkman made me feel even better than the Mack & Manco's Pizza.
3. Mark Teixeira break out, and launch a couple of homers off the Met staff. I'll settle for a couple of RBI doubles. At this point, I think he would, too.
2. The Yankee starters throw mainly first-pitch strikes. I don't think that will be a big problem.
And the Number 1 thing I want to see in this series:
1. Koman Coulibaly, the referee in today's U.S.-Slovenia World Cup match, nowhere near Yankee Stadium! It's probably a safe bet, but I don't want him screwing up any more calls for teams I like than he already has!